Volta, the video on demand platform for Irish and international independent films, today announced the programme for the 2nd annual STREAMS: The European Online Film Festival, which will run from November 15th 2013 to December 15th 2013 on www.volta.ie.
The online film festival will run simultaneously on nine Video on Demand platforms across Europe (all members of EuroVOD) and will give Irish audiences exclusive access to seventeen recent European feature films and documentaries that haven’t yet premiered outside of their national territories. All foreign language films have English subtitles and users can opt to stream films individually for €2.99 or buy a festival pass for €24.99 to enjoy all the films at a lower cost.
Highlights include Mama Illegal, an Austrian documentary which follows three Moldovan women over seven years who have left their families to work illegally as cleaners in Austria. Their struggles reflect those of illegal and trafficked women everywhere, whose dreams of a brighter future are often not realised. Gourmands nationwide will love Entre Les Bras, a French documentary on three Michelin starred chef Michel Bras and his decision to hand over his restaurant to his son, Sebastien, who has been working with him for 15 years. This is a moving and joyful portrait of an outstanding family who have devoted themselves to Haute Cuisine for three generations.
Audiences across Europe will now also have the chance to see Irish films Silence andTim Robinson: Connemara, both directed by Pat Collins, which are the official Irish entries for the festival. STREAMS is the first festival of its kind in Europe and titles will be available to stream on volta.ie for a month. The carefully curated selection showcases an incredible mix of feature films and documentaries from across Europe.
- • Shelter (Podslon), by Dragomir Sholev, Comedy / Drama, 2010, Bulgaria
- • Love.net, by Ilian Djevelekov, Drama / Romance, 2011, Bulgaria
- • Entre les bras, Paul Lacoste, Documentary, 2011, France
- • Chercher le garçon, Dorothée Sebbagh, Drama, 2012, France
- • Nice Guy, Pascal Bergamin, 2011, Drama, Switzerland
- • Mary & Johnny, Samuel Schwarz & Julian Grünthal, Drama, 2011, Switzerland
- • Otel-lo, Hammudi Al-Rahmoun, Drama, 2012, Spain
- • Enxaneta, Alfonso Amador, Drama, 2012, Spain
- • Mama Illegal, Ed Moschitz, Documentary, 2011, Austria
- • Anfang 80, Sabine Hiebler & Gerhard Ertl, Drama, 2011, Austria
- • De leur vivant, Géraldine Doignon, Drama, 2012, Belgium
- • Twa Timoun, Jonas D’Adesky, Drama, 2012, Belgium
- • Leg ihn um, Jan Schütte, Comedy, 2012, Germany
- • Kleine Verbrechen (Small Crime), Christos Georgiou, Comedy, 2008, Germany
- • Silence, Pat Collins, Drama, 2012, Ireland
- • Tim Robinson: Connemara, Pat Collins, Documentary, 2012, Ireland
- • XL, Martein Thorsson, Drama, 2013, Iceland
By logging on to volta.ie or www.streamsfilmfestival.com (from November 15th) fans can enjoy films selected for the festival and also access exclusive editorial content and video bonuses.