Pálás Cinema, 15 Lower Merchants Road, Galway, will be opening in early 2018. Come and join our team, and work in this state of the art & unique city centre venue housing a 3 screen cinema, bespoke restaurant and beautifully designed bar.
Head Chef- cinema and bar
As head chef you will help to combine great movies with cinema food favourites. Working in this exciting new venue, alongside the restaurant & bar manager, you will oversee the successful operation of the Pálás kitchen creating dishes for our bar and café, managing kitchen staff & meeting health and safety standards. A love of cooking combined with creativity will ensure you succeed in this fast paced environment and your responsibilities will include:
- Overall responsibility for the kitchen’s daily operations.
- Introducing and liaising with the relevant suppliers for food orders.
- Creating new dishes and menus including pizza favourites, salads, antipasti and delicious sides!
- Recruiting new staff and ongoing staff management and roster creation.
- Working to ensure sustainable profit margins on food are maintained with direct input required to the overall restaurant and bar budget.
- Monitoring and controlling stock levels and ensuring stock is effectively rotated.
- Responsible for maintaining the highest health and safety procedures and standards operate in the kitchen.
Please send applications outlining relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating role applied for in the email subject line.
Closing date for applications is Friday 19th January.
We do not require the assistance of recruitment agencies for this search