Pálás Cinema, 15 Lower Merchants Road, Galway, will be opening in early 2018. Come and join our team, and work in this state of the art & unique city centre venue housing a 3 screen cinema, bespoke restaurant and beautifully designed bar. This is an exciting opportunity for a hospitality focused individual with a love of both food and film to join our dedicated team.
Reporting to the Front of House Manager, the Duty Manager is responsible for the
smooth operation of the Cinema offering the best possible customer service, the preparation and showing of films and other content throughout the Cinema and to provide technical and maintenance support for the Cinema as required.
- Manage the operations of the shift so that customer service is at the best possible level.
- Open and closing the building in accordance with the cinema’s procedures; dealing with any emergency and venue issues appropriately and reporting as necessary.
- Ensure the building is run in accordance with fire regulations and licensing conditions and that the health & safety of staff and customers is never compromised.
- Manage the staff on duty effectively including providing direction, training and feedback and allocating tasks to maximise the use of staff on duty.
- Maintain standards so that all work areas are clean, tidy and well displayed at all times, that deliveries are dealt with at the earliest opportunity and that stock rooms are tidy with stock stored correctly.
- Take responsibility for stock and money throughout the shift, ensuring that records are accurate, that tickets and products are sold correctly and that cash is stored in accordance with the Company’s insurance and security requirements.
- Prepare films and other content for screenings in a timely manner, with due care to avoid damaging material; securing films and other content appropriately and preparing films and other content correctly for onwards transport.
- Maintain projection, sound and other AV equipment to ensure it is operating correctly, safely and to its optimum technical capacity.
- Alert the General Manager about projection technical issues and building maintenance issues that you are unable to resolve.
- Ensure all work practices are carried out in keeping with the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act.
- Ensure all work areas under your control are maintained in a clean and safe manner to avoid hazards.
- Participate in cross functional training as assigned from time to time.
- Carry out any other instruction from the General Manager or other Manager of Element Pictures as assigned.
Please send applications outlining relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Friday 19th January.
We do not require the assistance of recruitment agencies for this search